Takuma Endo, president of developer Acquire, the studio ideal known for the Tenchu and Shinobido games, has stated he thinks Japanese developers need to spend less effort trying to emulate Western devs and focus on creating experiences suited to their own abilities.
His statements come from a debate held last week at London’s Japan Foundation, which we attended.
Discussing the future of Japanese games development, Endo advised fellow devs: “We must create titles that fit our abilities, rather than copying the West – and that particularly applies to art styles. And we must develop odd games.”
He also highlighted potential issues the next generation of consoles could bring about, making specific reference to the rising cost of game development.
“I’m worried, for example, if the production costs for games on the Xbox 720 or PS4 are doubled. The production costs from the PlayStation to PS2 doubled, and somewhere between doubled and tripled from PS2 to PS3,” he said.
Keep an eye out for a full feature on the event tomorrow.
- nch to a coach whistle a trip to be able to begin visits on the exciting incredible in addition to comforting areas you mostly needed to notice as well as.
- Samsung Launches Galaxy SIII In India: 1000+ Online Pre-Orders, Content Tie-Ups
- Paddy Power's Expanded Mobile Platform
- Tablet PlayStation? Sony will release an Android based tablet this year
- Weekly downloads: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, Karimogi, Zenonia
- utton shirt black color bermuda in addition to Speak Jack port Purcell tennis shoes What is your opinion associated with his search Bauer Design Pete Wentz might wear
- Inexpensive Coach Handbags Take Presctiption Sale With Coach Shops
- Wii 2 Rumoured to Support HD Touch-Screen Controllers
- lly visit Are generally Flight terminal 100 % cover up using Jack in the box beverage available This Grammyaward winn
- Children's programs |are lined up for the fall
Submited at Wednesday, February 29th, 2012 at 5:00 pm on Playstation by madison
Comment RSS 2.0 - leave a comment - trackback