Sony has been a tiny preoccupied recently, with the whole PSN hacking incident, but apparently they’ve still remained hard at work on upcoming titles for later this year. Sony announced this day that a few of the titles they’ve been working on may seem a bit familiar to anyone who owns a PSP — because a lot of people have already played them.
The new ‘PSP Remastered’ series will be hitting the PlayStation 3, and it will bring some of the PSP’s most popular games with it.
The PSP Remastered lineup will reintroduce players to some of the PlayStation Portable’s most popular games, but this time they’ll be in glorious HD. We heard rumors earlier last week that the portable instalments of the God of War franchise would be making an HD appearance on the PS3 (in some sort of of collection), and it seems that those rumors could very well be the real deal after today’s announcement.
The games will be available on Blu-Ray discs that can be bought through retailers, but according to Andriasang a few could also be available for download as well.
Additionally, anyone who owns both the PSP and PS3 versions of a game will be able to swap saved data back and forth — allowing players to take their game with them and pickup where they left off in the comfort of their home. Some games will also be compatible with the PSP’s Ad Hoc mode, and that’s a great option, but this will not be the case for every remastered title.
The titles that will be receiving the remastered treatment have been kept a secret by Sony for the time being, but they did confirm that Monster Hunter 3rd would be the first PSP title coming to the PlayStation 3. Monster Hunter 3rd will appear in HD, but that’s certainly not the only appeal for gamers who want a tiny more than suped-up graphics. Monster Hunter Portable HD (as it has been re-named for the PS3 release) will have a 3D option — which will certainly be an added bonus for anyone who owns a 3D television. The game will also add the capability to adjust the camera with the right stick on the SIXAXIS controller — an added capability that PSP gamers missed out on.
Check out a Japanese teaser trailer for the remastered, HD version, of Monster Hunter 3rd below:
The ‘PSP Remastered’ series announcement is currently only for Japan, but it’s not a stretch to assume that the games will eventually make their way over to North America. The list of remastered titles is allegedly limited to the ideal of the ideal though, so don’t be too distraught if you learn that Gretzky NHL isn’t coming in HD to your PS3. If Sony has more titles planned then odds are they’ll reveal them at this year’s E3 — which is only a few short weeks away.
Keep checking out Game Rant for more announcements on future ‘PSP Remastered’ titles, and pretty much anything else video game related.
What games would you like to see remastered for release on the PlayStation 3?
Follow me on Twitter @GnarleySquid
- Video Game Review: Disappointing 'Silent Hill: Downpour' Frustrates More Than ...
- Call of Duty Black Ops 2: Weniger Rail-Shooter, erste Screenshots, erstes ...
- Bizarre dirt-less baseball field draws raves from high school team
- Sen Rand Trent of a Ky excess her or his speech together with having conservatives with descriptive immigration alter
- however its a potential product as long as Our elected representatives establishes the game fails to want to fork over then it is charges. is certainly
- Awesomenauts now available on XBLA and PSN
- Through 2008, for this reason Hadley Core as for global warming research established the particular briefing piece of content
- Bradd Crellin told to use RL Nines to stake Whitehaven first-team place
- Ashton Weir Boulders using Lv Monogram Pegase travel suitcase
- Power Ranking the 50 Greatest Baseball Video Games of All-Time
Submited at Sunday, May 22nd, 2011 at 7:00 pm on PSP by admin
Comment RSS 2.0 - leave a comment - trackback