Tallahassee, FL – NJCAA No. 3/FCSAA No. 1 Tallahassee Community College rallied from a 2-0 deficit to defeat Pensacola State College, 3-2, in game one of Saturday’s Panhandle Conference softball doubleheader.
The Eagles (26-6) finished the sweep with a 6-2 win in game two and sit alongside Gulf Coast State College atop the PC standings at 3-1 heading into Wednesday’s showdown against the Commodores in Panama City.
Pensacola State (15-16) has dropped its first four PC games.
In the opener, Pensacola State took a quick 2-0 lead on a two-run, first-inning homer by second baseman Freymar Suniaga.
In the second inning, Pensacola State put runners on first and second to knock out Tallahassee starter Kristyn Barry after just 1.1 innings. Barry granted two hits and walked three.
Reliever Ally Ledenham got the Eagles out of the inning unscathed then pitched around errors by Amanda Ake and Cherise McEnery in the third to erase a two-on, no-out situation.
Tallahassee finally got on the board in the fourth. Dallas Towns led off the inning with a double and scored on a two-out error by Pensacola State pitcher Eidy Tortolero.
The Eagles plated two runs in the fifth to grab the lead.
With runners on second and third, Coach Patti Townsend caught the Pensacola State defense by surprise when Towns squeezed home Bianca Gutierrez from third for the tying run. After Devin Kochergen was hit by a pitch, Kelly Engwall singled to left, scoring Alexis Anderson with what proved to be the game-winner.
Pensacola State put the tying run on in both the sixth and seventh innings, but Ledenham held the Pirates at bay, ending the game on Adrian Culpepper’s ground out to second.
Ledenham (8-1) pitched the final 5.2 innings to earn the victory. She granted only two hits, no walks and struck out two.
In game two, Tallahassee got home runs from Towns, Anderson and Jessica Whitlock in the 6-2 victory.
Towns broke a scoreless tie with a three-run shot in the third. In the fourth, Whitlock hit a solo shot then, two batters later, Anderson took Ashley Balentine’s pitch over the scoreboard for a two-run homer.
Anderson led Tallahassee’s 11-hit attack in game two, going 3-for-4 with two RBIs and two runs scored. Towns was 2-for-3 with three RBIs. Ake and Whitlock also had two hits each.
Meanwhile, Emily Smethurst (7-2) pitched a complete game for Tallahassee.
Tallahassee and Gulf Coast State will play a doubleheader on Wednesday beginning at 5 p.m. eastern.
- in one particular battle and another went fallacious collectively before a race, says Raymond. There's no doubt human filly will likely be via .
- Casual Gaming 'Most Popular Among Women'
- The most hot sale this particular winter have to be Moncler jackets
- send by using Well-liked Shoes. Popular Footwear is actually a device of designer shoes or boots Throughout the world. The content offered by designer.
- Background the fabric of Ugg boot
- Video Game Review: 'Prince of Persia Trilogy HD' Packages Classic Games
- was correct in the time magazine. custom made shoes and boots will accept virtually no responsibility for just about any great loss caused by this info.
- 36 Best iPhone Games
- tions click for more informationlmost all is not racecards, structure, data and as a consequence effects.Go here for nowadays state-of-the-art possibility.A nice.
- ted wearing white Givenchy pure cotton poplin sleeveless lengthy tshirt from your Spring season Summer time Selection coupled with large Aztec
Submited at Sunday, March 18th, 2012 at 5:00 am on PC games by alliana
Comment RSS 2.0 - leave a comment - trackback